Archive for October 23rd, 2008
I, with the help of Mrs. Carrie Cole, am now able to create and activate polls. Boo ya! I have removed some older polls (what V.P. debate?) and added a few. For those of you paying close attention (who am I kidding?) there are new answers available on the political movie question. How on earth could I have overlooked Team America: World Police? It is a sign of a great movie when I can disagree with the final message and still think it is awesome. I also added Recount, which is a very good movie HBO did about W.’s supposed win in 2000.
We are in hour 15 of the comment contest, and I believe there is only one contestant. It is possible that this message is for you and you alone, pres. On the bright side, you may be the winner by default. If there are any others who are still reading, jump in! The odds so far are pretty good.
Enjoy early fall’s evil step-sister: late fall.
Always skeptical, never cynical
What’s going on, readers? I thought we had a bond, a relationship. But I have noticed a severe decline in participation lately. I think a response here and there is nice. You may think a certain post was brilliant, or, as is quite possible, you may think something is an absolute piece of garbage and an abomination. You may wonder what I am talking about. In any event, if you let me know about it, I can address your concerns/thoughts/death threats/questions/etc. I may write a new post about questions you have, respond to a comment, or even make a comment into a post.
You could also have a little discussion amongst yourselves about certain issues.
And while we are talking about participation, I’ve decided to learn how to make the polls function properly. I cannot get new ones displayed, meaning I have to get help every time I want to add one (thank you, Carrie). Anyway, once I figure out this technology, I’ll be using the polls in much more fun ways. Maybe a poll about which topic deserves a post (will Jim and Pam stay together? or how did Ben move the island?; Boxers v Briefs or Bush v Gore?). Maybe we’ll even rename the entire blog. Perhaps my sign off is just dumb and I need to rethink it. We’ll have some real democracy flowing on the Red, Blue & Purple (or whatever we come up with) blog.
So to incite some action, I will be holding a contest. Any comment submitted starting Thursday at midnight is eligible. The comment can be on any post, old or new. It can be related or unrelated, thought I may prefer something related. Then Friday at 2:00 p.m. I will choose a champion. The winner will have their comment made into an entry on the blog. Everyone can then go comment on your comment. I ask that people I know use a pseudonym in order to keep things objective (I know aks is you, Amanda). If the winner feels like it, she or he may e-mail me a photograph or something. If there is a lot of participation and a lot of good comments I may make this a weekly contest. So let’s get rockin’!
Enjoy some amazing comments.
Always skeptical, never cynical
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)