Archive for February 5th, 2009
I was going to ignore Dachle’s recent problems, but my sister Carrie informed me that ignoring it will not make it go away. Here we go.
Daschle had not declared the car and driver services as income, meaning he had back taxes to pay. The statement made said that he considered it a gift and did not think about it until he was vetted. (Daschle’s tax problem) This very well could be true. If it is, it isn’t the case that he “forgot” about these taxes; it would be that he never considered it taxable income.
The cynic in me does not want to believe this, but it actually makes sense. Why would he bring this up now if he had been hiding it? There was not doubt that if Obama was elected Daschle would have a large role in his administration. Daschle knew this. If he knew he had something to hide, he would have remedied this situation much earlier.
It was, as Dr points out, the right move to step down. Something like this only serves as a distraction, and Daschle made the right move ending it. I believe this is evidence that he is still a good man. He had the votes to go through with the nomination process and become a member of Obama’s cabinet, but he didn’t want to put Obama in that situation.
I’m still disappointed.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)