Archive for July 8th, 2009
When discussing health care reform, I often hear people say, “I don’t want that Canada plan.” Increased negative advertising by insurance companies has people believing we will have horrible care like people in Canada. First of all, the portrayal of Canada’s health care system is not exactly fair, but I will ignore that fact. President Obama’s plan for health care reform is not like Canada’s, which is a single payer. Our plan is a hybrid. It involves private and public components. It is actually a small step compared to many industrialized countries.
Our proposed system is much more comparable to the systems in the Netherlands or France, and their systems function quite well. I won’t go into great detail, but it is enough to say that they provide all of their citizens with quality care in a speedy fashion.
I suggest checking out more details in this Boston Globe article by Jonathan Cohn: Health Care Plans of France and the Netherlands
I will say that even if you dislike Canada’s and Great Britain’s plans, at least every citizen in their countries has access to health care.
Enjoy the big push for reform.
I haven’t posted on Palin’s odd decision to step down because I’m not sure what to say. What she said made no sense, but that was nothing new.
Since I have no idea what she is talking about, I’m taking guesses as to what the higher calling is that will allow her to better serve Alaskans than being their governor. Will she go on Deadliest Catch or become an ice road trucker? Will she be a Fox Sports sideline reporter? Does she think quitting on the people that elected her because being a lame duck would have somehow forced her to become corrupt will actually help her become president?
Is there anyone who still believes this women should have been in a position to become Vice President of the United States?
Enjoy making some guesses.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)