Archive for August 9th, 2009
Rep. John Sullivan (R-OK) is upset about the supposed enemies list Obama is creating. How fighting smears turned into an enemies list is beyond me. But he didn’t stop there. Sullivan thinks this is even worse because Obama can’t produce a proper birth certificate.
Come on. This is a member of Congress repeating and legitimizing these outright lies. Does he really believe this garbage? If this is the case, how was he possibly elected? There would need to be a sufficient number of people that would support these types of ravings. Which brings me to the other scenario, which is that he realizes these things aren’t true but believes it could help him politically. Pandering to crazy people should not be a way to get elected.
It’s also possible he was just hoping to preempt the inevitable shouts from the birth certificate folks. If that was his plan, it didn’t work. Proving just how crazy they are, a member of the audience still called Sullivan out for not doing enough to expose Obama. Speaking crazy isn’t enough, you actually must act on the insanity.
Enjoy the birther movement. It’s continued existence is truly amazing.
Today’s song of the day is from Iron and Wine, which is Sam Beam. His voice sounds and feels like it occupies your room. It has volume, but not in the sense of noise level. It has volume in the sense of occupying space. The song I have chosen is “Sodom, South Georgia.” It is probably my favorite Iron and Wine, though that is definitely not the consensus. This song is from the album Our Endless Numbered Days, which is absolutely a must-own album. It is so beautiful. Most people probably wouldn’t put this song that high in the Iron and Wine list, but, for me, it is at the top. I hope you appreciate this song and all its gloriousness. Then go listen to Our Endless Numbered Days in its entirety.
Enjoy being enveloped by a voice.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)