Archive for March 1st, 2010
Talking Points Memo has some interesting possibilities that could happen if Democrats and Republicans don’t come together on health care reform and Democrats turn to reconciliation.
Republicans could swamp the floor with loads of amendments not necessarily relevant that are also controversial. But Democrats have means of countering by moving all amendments aside, with the help of Biden’s power and fifty votes (or some such maneuver). Oh parliamentary procedure, what fun you create with such random rules.
Threats of Republican amendments have come as they say they disagree with the use of reconciliation to pass this bill. White House Advisor David Axelrod called out Republicans saying, “Every single Republican Senator in that room I believe has cast votes for reconciliation, including for the largest tax cut in history that dwarfed this legislation.”
It looks as though the White House is serious. This should only get more interesting.
Enjoy Shutter Island.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)