Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
An imprecatory prayer is one that wishes a curse upon someone. I never really associated it with Christianity because it seemed like Jesus wasn’t about revenge or anything like that. The above verse is an example of an imprecatory prayer, and it has been gaining popularity recently. It is all the rage to pray this with President Barack Obama in mind. Yes, literally hoping for Michelle to be a widow and Sasha and Malia to be fatherless.
What love these Christians show for their fellow man! Obviously it wouldn’t be better to pray for God to guide Obama to whatever policies they want. Death is much better.
The above article largely features Pastor Wiley Drake, who made waves when he told Alan Colmes he prayed for Obama’s death on Colmes’ radio show. Drake also preaches that all Muslims are a danger to America.
Interestingly, Drake does not want Christians to kill. It’s God’s business (which makes you wonder why God needs him and others telling him to kill people). He prayed for Tiller’s death and, since it happened, believes that his death was God’s will. (But if everything that happens is the will of an omnipotent God, then the abortions that are carried out are also a part of his will, right?) Also, if he’s pleased about it, though it was carried out by a Christian, it makes me nervous for the actions of his parishioners. Especially considering that a different pastor and practitioner of imprecatory prayer had one of his regulars show up to a speech by Obama with two guns in hand.
Drake is hardly unknown. He was the vice-presidential candidate under Alan Keyes for the American Independent Party, which is California’s affiliate of the Constitution Party.
I should also mention that Drake has lifted his call for death prayers directed at Obama because he wants him to stand trial for treason. I guess the murderer can keep killing so Drake can see his trial. Also, did I mention that Drake believes Obama is from another country?
I’ll take it that since President Obama continues to live, God is ignoring those who lack his omniscience. (Have you ever wondered why someone with omniscience and omnipotence would need a guy like Drake to tell him to kill someone?)
Enjoy the knowledge that this guy is an idiot.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)