My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.
That’s SC Lt. Governor Andre Bauer’s take on programs designed to feed hungry people. This would include reduced-priced or free lunch programs, in which 58% of SC students participate. Can’t go giving those stray kids meals because they’ll just make babies, I guess.
He’s running for the Republican nomination for governor. I can’t decide which was worse – Mark Sanford hiking the Appalachian Trail all the way to his Argentine mistress or this guy calling people stray animals.
He says the schools with the worst test scores are the schools that give out free lunches. He obviously doesn’t understand that correlation isn’t causation. Because most murders occur when ice cream sales are high, should we ban the sale of ice cream? Or could it be that a third factor, high temperatures, are the cause of both? Should we let kids go hungry, which will only makes scores worse, because school lunches must cause bad scores; or could it be that a third factor, poor neighborhoods and schools, is the real culprit? Schools in poor neighborhoods tend to score worse.
Bauer is basically saying if a child’s parents aren’t active enough, he will punish the child. It’s not often you hear a politician run on starving children so they can’t reproduce (stupid stray animals). It’s so refreshing to hear a politician speak his mind. Let’s hope it ends his gubernatorial bid instantly.
If he’s so worried about reproduction, perhaps he should campaign on comprehensive sex education and readily available birth control. But something tells me that won’t happen.
Enjoy his attempt to spin this, in which he said he didn’t compare people to stray animals, then, yet again, compared people to stray animals.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)