Tomorrow is the big health care summit, and there is a lot riding on it.
If Obama is able to get some steam going and the Democrats pass a solid bill, the Democrats’ odds in November will look much better. If Republicans stop reform, Obama and Democrats look bad, aiding their chances.
This is the most frustrating part of the whole thing. We actually need reform but there is incentive for Republicans to try and stop anything the Democrats do. They’ve set it up so they can never agree with Obama or work with him lest they look like hypocrites or commies.
This is a pretty good preview of what will transpire tomorrow and what Obama can do to make reform more likely. Leonhardt thinks Obama would have a better chance if he adopted some Republican ideas into the bill. If they will actually help, I’m all for it. But I don’t think he can count on getting Republican votes no matter what at this point.
If you haven’t seen the plan Obama unveiled, check it out here. This plan is the administration’s attempt to bridge the gap between the bills of the House and Senate.
Enjoy some coming fireworks.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)