The backwards policy that requires homosexuals to hide that fact in order to serve their country survived a vote to repeal it. American heroes apparently don’t have the right to be gay.
The vote went down party lines. It’s always great to see Republicans supporting only those troops they deem normal. Perhaps they should change their version of the ribbons to “Support the troops, unless I have some personal problem with them, in which case screw the troops.” The only thing they’ll have to live with is knowing they are still supporting gay troops that are good at hiding it.
It’s amazing to me that someone who is willing to fight and possibly die in service of America can only do so as long as they hide their sexuality. We’re have tons of troops deployed, many have been more than once, yet we find it necessary to kick people out for the arbitrary reason of their sexuality. That makes perfect sense. Straight soldiers can go ahead and talk about their significant others at home but gay soldiers best not let slip anything so horrible.
Over 13,000 heroes have been discharged since 1993. And there are no doubt thousands and thousands more that keep their identity hidden in order to continue serving. But it’s so important that we, what? I’m still not sure why it exists. Is it because it’s scarier serving with gays than it is to deal with enemy fire? “I know that person could help save lives and such, but that person likes people of the same sex.” I just can’t imagine that being a real statement.
There may yet be some ways to overcome the vote. Let’s hope so.
Enjoy Republicans being, yet again, on the wrong of history.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)