You know, like how we control the feral hog population. Just have dudes in helicopters shoot them down. Simple right.
This was an idea Kansas Republican Rep. Virgil Peck had.
Peck says he was joking, which, duh, but how would anyone ever think that is funny, or appropriate to say in a House Appropriations Committee? I know he doesn’t think this would be a real policy, but do you think he’d be making the same joke about any other population? Can you imagine someone saying this about meth heads? Wall Street crooks? Illegal gun holders? Computer thieves? Weed dealers? Etc.
I think it demonstrates a problem that currently arises in illegal immigration discourse: it’s dehumanizing. It’s often discussed as an infestation or simply a problem. I guess apparently they’re also considered wild pigs.
How are you supposed to remember they are human beings when they are discussed in this way? When it’s funny to crack jokes about hunting them down? It’s hard to see how a policymaker could possibly think this was acceptable.
Enjoy knowing this will do nothing to improve the discussion.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)