Pittsburgh Steelers’ linebacker and NFL Defensive Player of the Year James Harrison will yet again skip a visit to the White House. This time (he also skipped a visit in 2006) he received a lot of negative attention for his decision, but he stands by his it. He cannot understand why this time there is being such a big deal made of it.
He assumes, and this may partially be the case, that the increased attention is due to the fact that he went from a relative unknown to the NFL Defensive Player of the Year. I believe it has more to do with his reason for skipping. Apparently, Harrison is upset that Obama has only invited them because they won the Super Bowl. Harrison claims that Obama would have invited the Arizona Cardinals had they won the title and believes Obama should invite the Steelers when they don’t win it if they want his presence. I could have sworn this was common knowledge, but the president only invites the winning team to the White House. If he invited every team from every sport to the White House every year, it might add up to the amount of vacation time W. took (zing).
But seriously, how is he surprised that comments so silly would be a big deal? And if you don’t want to go, don’t talk about it. Apparently he doesn’t like to fly. Say that. But then he went ahead and questioned the neighborhood of the White House. Really? “It’s not a good neighborhood over there,” he said. “It’s a bad neighborhood.” At this point, you really have to wonder if he’s joking. Does he really fear for the safety of entire football team surrounded by Secret Service and White House Security? I have a feeling they won’t get mugged.
When I think of Harrison, his awesome interception return should come to mind before a bunch of ridiculous comments.
Enjoy breakfast for dinner.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)