Posts Tagged ‘Christine O’Donnell’
One of the more entertaining political figures over the last year was possible witch and masturbator hater Christine O’Donnell. Thankfully, she looks like she’s going to keep herself in the headlines. Her new plan is to start ChristinePAC so she can counter those damned liberals that run the GOP establishment.
Huh. I wonder if she thinks Boehner is a GOP establishment liberal, because he thinks he should be considered a member of the Tea Party. But make no mistake, he’s either in the Tea Party or liberal. The world is that black and white, as someone like O’Donnell would want us to believe.
Enjoy more O’Donnell quotes.
From the WJ:
Ms. O’Donnell likened Mr. Coons’s position on evolution to those of “our so-called leaders in Washington” who have rejected the “indispensible principles of our founding.”
When Mr. Coons interjected that “one of those indispensible principles is the separation of church and state,” Ms. O’Donnell demanded, “Where in the Constitution is separation of church and state?”
The audience exploded in laughter.
Great stuff. Sometimes people are funniest when they don’t even realize it (like any Chuck Norris movie).
The exact phrase itself isn’t in the Constitution, but the Constitution is clear that there can be no state-sponsored religion. And the meaning of the phrase and that amendment are so obvious the crowd found her assertion comical. And Jefferson himself was the man who coined the phrase to describe what the First Amendment had done.
The whole thing started because O’Donnell wants Intelligent Design in schools, because evolution is apparently hogwash. What’s wrong with throwing in some non-science supported by religious folks instead of science in schools, right? This, to me, is way worse than her dabbling in witchcraft or campaigning to stop masturbation. This could lead to an actual policy decision.
I have to think Coons (her opponent) has this one locked up, but who knows?
Here’s the video:
Did you hear what she said at 7:08? Here is the exchange:
Coons: “Government shall make no establishment of religion.”
O’Donnell: “That’s in the First Amendment?”
This drew yet more chuckles from the crowd. How does she not know this? This isn’t even about the phrase “Separation of Church and State.”
Enjoy the Rangers’ domination.
It looks as though the Tea Party has, yet again, managed to lose a seat that they should have (or at least could have) picked up. They nominated Christine O’Donnell in Delaware. Her odds are not good.
O’Donnell has tested 26 points lower than Mike Castle (the nominee she toppled) against Chris Coons (the Democratic nominee). It amazes me that Delaware Republicans are willing to lose this seat in the name of extreme conservatism, but I am thankful for it.
When Republicans gains this November are more modest than they hoped, both Republicans and Democrats will have the Tea Party to thank.
Enjoy T Magic looking like a phenom.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)