Posts Tagged ‘Initiative 11’
This is a big moment for the country…I am ready to make my endorsements. I know everyone reading this has been anticipating this moment for a long time. Here we go.
I am endorsing Barack Obama for president. I know you’re all surprised, but I was excited for his 2008 presidential run at the end of 2004. If you are wondering why, it is because I feel he is a big step forward for this country, both domestically and internationally. He is willing to fight for the middle class. I could ramble on and on, but I feel he is right for the country.
I am endorsing Tim Johnson and Stephanie Herseth Sandlin in the races for Congress. I think South Dakota is behind me on these two.
I do not feel any of the ballot initiatives or amendments should be passed. Some were okay, but I did not think any of them were special enough to get me to vote yes. I will focus on a few right now.
Ballot Initiative 11
I am strongly against it. I am for reproductive rights, but that isn’t the only reason to vote this one down. If it passes, it is doomed. South Dakota taxpayers will be forced to pay for loads and loads of bills trying to take down a precedent that even conservative judges know is set. This would be an expensive gesture. Let someone else try this first, then watch how horribly it ends up for them. Vote no on this one. We cannot force religious beliefs on others.
Constitutional Amendment J
I am against this amendment, as well. I believe term limits are a good thing. Too often, officials are elected based solely on the fact that they are incumbents. This is especially true with state officials because there is less exposure. I support term limits because new people with new ideas should have the opportunity every so often. There is a reason presidents step down after two terms. Eight years is enough.
That is enough for now.
Enjoy the victory, Tigers. I always wondered what a playoff victory felt like. Savor it, boys.
Always skeptical, never cynical
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)