Posts Tagged ‘Park51 Project’
“I don’t know what the big deal is,” Cassandra said. “It’s freedom of religion, you know?”
The Wall Street Journal recently talked to some strippers that work at one of the two strip joints within three blocks of Ground Zero – you know, hallowed ground. They also talked to some gamblers at an off-track betting center three blocks from Ground Zero (hallowed ground). One bettor had this to say about the proposed location of Park51:
The bums used to sit right in front of it.
He apparently does not agree that a Burlington Coat Factory constitutes hallowed ground.
The comments of strippers Cassandra and Chris have been some of the best I have heard during this entire debate. Here’s some thoughts from Chris (who volunteered for the Red Cross’s recovery effort):
But Chris, the stripper who volunteered in the Ground Zero recovery, sat on a barstool in a tiny, shiny red dress and defended Park51. “They’re not building a mosque in the World Trade Center,” she pointed out. “It’s all good. You have your synagogues and your churches. And you have a mosque.”
Chris said she lost eight friends on Sept. 11, 2001 — firefighters from the Brooklyn firehouse next to her home at the time. “The people who did it are not going to the mosque,” she said.
The people who did it are not going to the mosque. If only Newt Gingrich or Sarah Palin were this logical.
Enjoy a spirited hunt for October.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)