Posts Tagged ‘Renee Zellweger’
I did not go to a movie last night because I was on the long road from Lincoln, NE to Groton, SD. Since I missed one last night, I am going to write about a movie I saw a couple of weeks ago: Appaloosa.
I really enjoyed it. I thought the characters played by Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen were excellent. You could tell they really understood and trusted one another without them being to obvious about it. There were some classic moments between the two of them. Without giving away too much, a woman cannot come between them.
The plot is not too far from a lot of westerns: Bad guys do bad things, new sheriff comes to town, new sheriff institutes some changes that the bad guys will not like. There is also a woman (played by Renee Zellweger). I liked the character because she seemed real. Amanda disliked her because she was not the most upstanding. Carrie disliked her because her backstory was lacking. They both have a point. I think the main character flaw (what Amanda said) she shows is an understandable one for a woman alone in that environment. It is almost a survival mechanism.
There isn’t as much action as some people would probably hope, but I thought the surprising amount of laughs made up for it. When there is action, it happens pretty quickly.
It has been some time since I saw the movie, but I remember being pleased. I thought Harris and Mortensen were awesome together. But it isn’t a movie I am going to rush out and buy as soon as it is available one DVD, which reminds me…
Rent it as soon as it comes out on DVD.
Enjoy an amazing Redskins comeback, ’cause it’s coming.
Always skeptical, never cynical
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)