Posts Tagged ‘School Budgets’
South Dakota Democrats are working on a plan to counter Governor Daugaard’s budget proposal. One proposal is to spread the cuts over three years. Democrats’ budget plan won’t be complete until there are more projections of tax collections in March, but they do have some ideas. From bloomberg:
Democrats want to use some reserves, extra earnings from trust funds dedicated to education and health care and about $37 million from the final installment of federal stimulus aid. They also suggest using some money from the state’s cash flow account, which they said holds more than $800 million.
They argue this would be favorable to increasing class sizes, closing nursing homes, and increasing property taxes in order to offset the cuts.
Republicans have also said they will not develop their budget plan until later, but they think the Democrats’ plan is flawed. It doesn’t solve the problem, they argue.
I wish I could say it’s shaping up to be a battle, but Democrats aren’t exactly in a position of power. I do hope their efforts can lead to some sort of compromise so that schools don’t suffer too much.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)