Posts Tagged ‘Sharia’
Bill Ketron wants to make following Islamic law a felony punishable by fifteen years in jail. Let’s get to the first sentence of the bill.
The threat from terrorism continues to plague the United States generally and Tennessee in particular.
I didn’t know Tennessee was such a hotbed for terrorism, unless you’re counting people trying to scare Muslims, in which case, Tennessee does have a problem.
Sharia, as defined and understood by traditional and authoritative sharia scholars and leaders, is a legal-political-military doctrinal system combined with certain religious beliefs; further, sharia is based historically and traditionally on a full corpus of law and jurisprudence termed fiqh and usul al-fiqh, respectively, dealing with all aspects of a sharia-adherent’s personal and social life and political society. Sharia serves as national and local law in several foreign jurisdictions;
I included this portion of the bill because it shows such a blatant disregard for “sharia scholars” that it’s mind blowing. Click here for a good example of a scholar’s take on sharia. (Hint, it isn’t solely for terrorists.)
Senator Ketron obviously has only read about sharia from people who think it is horrible. He doesn’t understand that “Sharia governs every aspect of an observant Muslim’s life.” He’s basically saying Muslims cannot practice their faith.
Here is another choice ditty demonstrating how little he understands:
Jihad and sharia are inextricably linked, with sharia formulating andcommanding jihad, and jihad being waged for the purpose of imposing and instituting sharia
Jihad, as most scholars and Muslims recognize it, refers to the inner struggle of Muslims to maintain faith, or struggling with one’s own soul. It’s ridiculous to judge 1.5 billion people based on the actions and interpretations of a few.
I could go on and on, but it should be clear that this bill is only being introduced to continue spreading fear of Muslims, as Abed Awad puts it, “The only explanation is that they appear to be driven by an agenda infused with hate, ignorance and Islamophobia intent on dehumanizing an entire religious community.”
I have to throw in this video, which seems more realistic by the day:
Enjoy another pointless spectacle.
- internal hemorrhoids treatments on Egypt Reactions
- like this on John Thune and Sotomayor
- jquery mobile tutorial on College Football/Nebraska-KSU Challenge
- discount learn css3 pdf on Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now aka ACORN
- site link on Rep. Weiner on Justice Thomas and the Appearance of Bias
- rate us online on House Officially Disapproves of Wilson’s Outburst
- rate us on Will Rogers Said It Best
- t1 circuit info on Good God Glenn
- reality show casting on Teacher takes Student the wood shed…
- insurnace companies on Vermont Legalizes Gay Marriage
Most Commented Posts
- Miss me yet (130)
- Arizona's Racist Law (119)
- Confessions of a Tea Party Casualty (83)
- Smoking Ban Thoughts and Poll (80)
- Tom Tancredo Wants Literacy Tests (76)
- The Apparent Trap/Hawaiian Health Care (62)
- Sarah Palin: Persecuted Jew? (57)
- Healthcare (53)
- Cash for Clunkers: What a joke! (50)
- Tom Coburn Has Pelosi's Back and a Point (49)